Betsy Farah Moran
Lic. en Derecho (2014)
Bar Admission (Panama)
Areas of Expertise
- Labour Disputes
- Public Bids & Contracts
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Insurance Claims & Disputes
- Banking & Securities Compliance
- Anti-Money Laundering Regulations
- English (fluent)
- Spanish (native)
- Licensed Translator (Spanish-English-Spanish)
- Italian (intermediate)
- French (basic)
Betsy Moran is an independent lawyer who collaborates with Gray & Co. on certain cases in her area of expertise.
In 1998, she began working as a paralegal to the Public Defender’s office, following up on homicide cases at the Criminal Superior Court with jurisdiction in Panama, Colon & Darien.
She later went on to work with the Financial Intelligence Unit (UAF- Panama) within the National Security Council, a multi-task position that included analysing case documents and international legal instruments; negotiating terms and drafting Memorandums of Understanding for the exchange of foreign intelligence with counterparts around the globe; oversight of the implementation of risk-based supervision programs; and preparation of manuals for the Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism institutions, among other things.
She was then transferred to work with the Ministry of Economy & Finance (Public Bids – UACE), and later went to work for Tocumen International Airport as Human Resources Attaché, a special appointment answering to the General Manager regarding the administration of resources in a 750-employee corporation, where she managed the profiling, selection and hiring process, internal investigations and disciplinary actions for the airport personnel.
At this time she assists foreign clients conducing business in Latin America, those who need assistance in handling the language barrier, the bureaucracy and understanding the differences between our legal systems and cultural reality. She is currently representing the residents of San Felipe county in administrative processes for the defense of community rights.
- 1998 – Technological Institute – Insurance Administration Technical Degree (licensed by the Insurance Superintendence of Panama)
- 2002 – University of Panama – Law School
- 2005 – CEDDET Foundation (Economic & Technological Development); Barcelona, SPAIN – Training Development Diploma
- 2006 – International Law Enforcement Academy; US Treasury Department – Financial Crimes Investigation Techniques, Certified Trainer
- 2008 – University of San Francisco – Specialisation in Project Management
- 2010 – Universidad Complutense de Madrid – International Commercial Arbitration Course